Friday, January 9, 2009

Young again

I haven't been to any kind of concert for ages. In the 80's I would usually not miss any chance to see overseas singers coming here to perform. In those days many popular and famous singers from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and West Malaysia would come here to perform at the town's largest indoor hall, the King's Theatre.

Last night I had the opportunity to see a free, meet-the-fan concert at Sing Kwong Supermarket, Salim. I know none of the peforming singers....I must admit I am very ignorant about current pop songs and singers,certainly another sign of getting old. Actually my main intention going there was to shoot photos with buddy photographers, Abana and Steve. A good crowd of several hundred people turned up to watch the entertaining event.

This "agua" like singer is called Fei Chi. He hails from Johore and according to the organizer, he has been a very popular singer for many years. How come I don't know ar? But he is really a good performer and singer.



This is Fong Fei Fei of Singapore. She really looks and acts in great similarity to the one time very popular female recording artiste of Taiwan. The head to foot white attire and hat were the trademarks of the real Fong Fei Fei who was one of my idols.


The 3 female singers below are all from West Malaysia.They are not only charming but are also talented performers...can sing and dance very well.


The sweet Li Loong giving the crowd a Chinese New Year song from her new album.


Chili hot Ai Ling presenting a belly dance after belting out a few Chinese New Year songs, despite catching a slight flu.



Lovely Li Mei is nicknamed "Oriental Beauty ". She is a little bit shy but certainly doesn't lack any confidence in her singing. Perhaps the shyness is part of her beauty.


Bringing in artistes from abroad to perform at supermarkets has been a common and quite successful practice of advertisting and promoting new products or just attracting the customers. It is also a way for the supermarkets to say thank you to their customers, especially during the festive seasons. Thank you Sing Kwong, your concert somewhat makes me feel young again. All photos were taken with ISO 2500-3200 and hand held.


10 comments:

James TC Wong said...

Great photography Philip! We would also attend the show if we were in Sibu! xD Btw, what cam are you using?

Yan said...

Just as I thought I am quite up-to-date. At least, my children think so - mummy can write blog, mummy facebook-ing, mummy skype, mummy MSN, mummy's good taste on fashion and even those I bought for them are acceptable - and lo! uou made feel so old and irrelevant to this age! I don't know anyone of the singers or performers! Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Aaron C. said...

Ohhh... That means i am totally out of date.. Cos I dun even Know anyone you introduced in this post. HAHA

Bengbeng said...

even the way u write is younger on this post? effect of the belly dance? keke

YumMez said...

wah happy new year& kong xi fa chai :P ....

Philip said...

James:I am using Nikon D300. Do you have this kind of show in Miri?

Yan:Our body is getting old, just wish that our mind and heart remain young forever.

aaron: Haha, may be this group of singers are not popular among the youth...not your taste.

bengbeng: so it is only correct to say I am a year younger in 2009!

YumMez: Welcome and thanks for your well wishes.You have a nice block too. Will link you shortly and get in touch with you.

Philip said...

yumMez:...hahaha, nice blog, not block.

James TC Wong said...

Philip, where got this show in Miri? Sigh...Miri "city"??? :=(

-eiling- said...

Wow all the beauties... Philip did your nose bleed? I'll definitely bleed when I saw the first "agua" performer. He's not pretty one?!!

Philip said...

eiling:That "agua" is a good performer and singer.But he is not pretty...too much make up until looking like a devil. No bleeding!