Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shooting the lion at Sunway

I made acquaintance with some KL Photographers and we ended up here shooting the lion. One of them was using a D3 and most others were using D300 with ultra wide angle lenses.
I did not have a tripod and luckily still managed to capture some reasonable pictures of the sihouetted lion.




The eye-catching lion standing guard at the entrance has become a famous landmark. I felt I was some where in Egypt while shooting this scene.



The lighted lion photographed with different settings

This one (below) was taken before the sunset.


During my recent 2-week sojourn in KL, I stayed around the Sunway Pyramid area for 5 days just to make it convenient for me to take photos within the Sunway City. On one of the evenings I met a group of Nikonian (Photographers who use Nikon Cameras) and we ended up taking photos of the famous lion statue infront of the Sunway Pyramid. The abandoned light rail platform besides the entrance to the modern and very impressive shopping complex provided us a perfect point to take pictures of the statue of lion and the adjoining pyramid sihouetted against the colourful evening sky.Opened in 1997, Sunway Pyramid is the first themed shopping and entertainment mall in Malaysia boasting 4 million square feets of retail extravaganza. The Egyptian-inspired design of the RM550 million complex has recently won the prestigious Silver Award for Development and Design Category of the inaugural ICSC Asia Shoppoing Centre Award 2008 which was held in Macao recently.The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is the global trade association of shopping centre industry and it was founded in 1957.


2 comments:

-eiling- said...

hey very nice pictures. Makes me wonder why I never look at the lion this way. Great picture!

Philip said...

eiling: the right angle,time and composition are always essential in making nice pictures. It is very time consuming too, must be very patient.