Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I got a prize

Certificate of Achievement with the winning photo printed on it.

A cheque and a 4GB CF card (above) The orginal photo (below) which I sent for the contest.

Quite surprised when a lady from Borneo Highlands Resort called the other day to congratulate me on winning a consolation prize in the recent "Colours of Nature 2008 Photography Challenge".She invited me to attend the prize giving ceremony in Kuching but I couldn't go as I had other commitments that day. I spent one morning taking photos at Borneo Highlands Resort on August 3 with about 20 other photographers from Sibu, Kuching and Penang. And I submitted 7 photos for the competition, one of them won the consolation prize in the Scenery Category.I received an envelope containing a Certificate of Achievement, a 4 GB CF Card and a cheque.A total of 68 Photographers from all over Malaysia submitted 400 photos for the contest which was divided into the Flora & Fauna and Scenery Category. Fellow Sibu Photographer, KY Leong won first prize in the Flora & Fauna Category and also a third prize in the Scenery Category.

15 comments:

Hardy said...

Congrats Philip. You deserve it. Should joint you all there.

Yan said...

Congratulations!

Being that kay-poh woman, I confessed I clicked onto the pix that shows the cheque. Disappointed, can't see the amount!

Now, who is as kay-poh as this woman? :)

cc said...

Congratulations Philip! :D
I hope one day I'll draw up enough courage to join a competition.

rubberseeds said...

Hardy: Thanks a lot.You missed the fun and action.

Yan:Haha, it's only a small amount. So small that you can't even see.May be just frame the cheque together with the certificate as souvenir.

CC:Thank you. You are more than qualify to enter any photography contest.You should join the Nikon Photo Contest International 2008-2009. Check up at http://imaging.nikon.com

Bengbeng said...

congratulations. the day i win a competition like u, snow will fall in Sibu hahahahahaha

mama belian n cengal said...

congratulation sir!!!!

abana said...

I believe you finally achieved the kind of forest shot that you're hunting all this while with your new tokina 12-24mm.Moreover it pays you with handsome prize.Congratulation buddy. Its been quite something we don't got photo outing.(fasting month, please hold on a while.).

-eiling- said...

Congratulations!

rubberseeds said...

Bengbeng: You are too humble. I only won a consolation. May be you will win the first prize.Keep snapping buddy!

Mama:Thank you very much.

Abana:The ultra wide angle lenses is useful,but I have not taken anything really outstanding yet.Will wait after the Raya then we go outing again.Thanks for your compliments.

eiling:Your compliment means a lot to me. Thank you very much.

suituapui said...

Congrats...

rubberseeds said...

stp: Thank you. It's just a small prize.

lbylaura said...

Hey Philip, Congratulations! So proud to have such a humble and talented photographer from our town, Sibu to take beautiful and breathtaking pictures of people and nature here. Thanks for your sharing and keep snapping away...You're already a winner with all these AWESOME pictures in your blog!

rubberseeds said...

Laura: So surprised to see you here. Thank you very much for flattering me to such extend! I will continue to snap away and post them here to share with you all.

Aaron C. said...

I like the pictures as well. lbylaura is my mum. HAHA. Thank you for sharing your photos

rubberseeds said...

Aaron:I like your pictures too.They remind me of the good old days as a teenager.Full of fun and energy. Keep snapping away ya.