Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tokina 12-24mm ultra wide angle lens



















After spending hours reading reviews on Tokina 12-24mm ultra wide angle lens on the internet I decided I must also own it. Thanks to the convenience of e-business, I ordered the lens from Yamiya Estore Trading (http://www.yamiya.com.my/) on Thursday afternoon, transferred the money to their Maybank account before 4pm and the guys at Yamiya not only emailed to inform me that they had already received the payment, they also called me personally to say the lens had been dispatched to City-Link courier and it would reach me the next afternoon. The next afternoon I returned home at 3.30pm and true enough, the parcel containing the lens was already waiting for me on my table. I quickly opened the box and mounted the new lens onto my recenly acquired Nikon D300... and off I went to take pictures at the wharf and Town Square, until late evening. This morning the sky was very nice, so I went out again early to take more pictures. It is a good lens for landscape and architecture but I still need a lot more practices to familiarize with it. Thanks to the inspirations given by Photographer Jeremy Guan of Sabah and Darrell Ong of KL, who both use this Tokina lens to capture awesome photographs of landscape and architecture. The new camera and lens will certainly keep me occupied for many months and even years to come.

5 comments:

-eiling- said...

Wow new lenses... nice nice

rubberseeds said...

eiling: still learning and trying to make the most out of this new lenses

Joe (SACS) said...

Hi Pillip, i just meet you yesterday and now im in your blog. LOL! Hey nice picture u got there... I just cant believe that is taken in Sibu. Gosh the new lenses really make the different.

rubberseeds said...

Hi Brother, thanks for dropping by and your nice comment.Yes, the ultra wide angle lens can see better than our human eyes! Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Wide Boy said...

i love tokina lenses. i have the 11-16mm and love it.

http://www.digitalslrguru.com/ultra-wide-angle-lenses