Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Dream After My First Bloggers' Meet

I didn't expect to meet three Sibu Bloggers last night, which was the first time I ever met any Blogger who was complete stranger to me. Thanks to Victor who initiated this mini meet. It all started with my commenting on his blog a few days ago. After we agreed to meet up Friday night, he asked if I mind Bengbeng http://www.mylongkang.com/ joining us. I was only too happy to accept it. Bengbeng has been my source of inspiration as I have been reading his blog for quite some time. The meeting was forwarded half an hour earlier to 8.30pm because Victor informed that he could make it sooner. I suggested to meet up at Orchid Garden because that is a familiar place as I was a co-owner there for three years.Some of my former staff are still working there and they still politely call me Boss! Bengbeng was the first one to be there, I came in second, sitting next table to him and completely didn't have any clue to who he was.It was Victor's first time to Orchid and he was lost after parking his car infront of the building.(Sibu is so big and complicated meh? haha) We were all so humble to order coffee and fruit juice only. While waiting for our drinks Victor mentioned that another Blogger, http://www.sixthseal.com/ would be joining us later.And it was also his first time meeting sixthseal, if I listened correctly, Bengbeng has met him once at the airport. The mysterious sixthseal finally arrived and the three of us instantly recognized him with his two distinctive trademarks, modern hair style and handsome smile. After writing this much I am sure you are already quite impatient to ask:(1) What about the dream? (2) Why post a picture of a fish here? Ok, I will now answer them. All three other Bloggers,except me, brought along cameras.They all clicked away the drinks and food we had, the environment and also some personal photos for rememberance. When I came back home, I was wondering WTH should I blog about our meeting without photos. As a Photographer I always insist to have at least one photo to accompany each of my entry. And my principle is to always use my own photos.That fish is a "Sea Chicken", a quite expensive fish (RM150/kg)which I ordered in KK recently. I had three of it on three consecutive nights in KK so I feel bad without treating my nice Blogger friends one "Sea Chicken" or any fish equivalent to it in our future gathering. We also had fish, squid and of course we later changed to drinking beer! Thanks to Bengbeng and Sixthseal for the treat.Not forgetting to mention that we moved from Orchid to R&R for another round of beer!. As for the early morning dream, I dreamt that the same four of us were in some strange land, like some remote and very backward part of Indonesian Borneo, taking photographs together. In the dream, both Bengbeng and Sixthseal had upgraded to digital slr and for Victor,he is still using the Canon EOS 400D.Is the dream any indication that we will travel to some place doing photography together? I really hope it will come true.

4 comments:

babycicak said...

hi, it's a nice blog, i have trace bengbeng.com blog as he doing the same post too. Hope can read more from this blog.

Bengbeng said...

i hope it can come true..i love for us all to go somewhere not necessarily far or near to take pics together. i forgot to mention hey, i am so glad to have finally met u all.

rubberseeds said...

Hello babycicak, thanks for dropping by. Don't have any clue where you come from.

rubberseeds said...

Bengbeng:Yeah,we will make it some day soon.