Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Heavenly Sky



I was at the Sibu Civic Centre this evening slightly after 5pm when the sky in the west suddenly turned colourful. I alerted my photographer friend and we started shooting for more than 5 minutes, watching in awe as the clouds changed their colours and shapes.It was a spectacular sight as both of us have never seen this before. Soon after the sky was clear again and returned to normal.When I came home, I immediately uploaded these pictures to the computer and watched them on the 19-inch screen.Do they look like paintings? Can anyone do a painting exactly the same as these natural wonders?

7 comments:

saoirse said...

That's amazing! I've never seen that too. It appears to be rainbow to me. Did you use any filter?

rubberseeds said...

Only using UV filter. There was no rain,not raining the whole day so how could it be rainbow?

Bengbeng said...

awesome

Anonymous said...

I believe that the cameras still cannot capture what our eyes see. Many times I looked at the pictures and found that they are different what what I have seen at the spot. It is sad, but that is the real fact.

rubberseeds said...

Beng2: Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Anonymous: Sometimes a good camera can capture things better than us. I believe a really professional photographer can do that.

Yan said...

I missed that! That reminds me we only see the hazy sky and miss the beauty of the sky - just like we miss the blessings that shower on us every day!

Thank you for sharing. Will "look up" more often!

rubberseeds said...

Yan:you certainly would see the colourful sky on that particular day and time if you did look up the sky to the west of your house. It was probably some where over the Pilley College.